January 1, 2016
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
GRANT WILFLEY CASTING, INC. (The “Agency”) is a “theatrical employment agency”, as that term is defined in Section 171(8) of the Employment Agency Law of the State of New York. You (the “Actor”) have requested the Agency to procure engagements of the Actor in motion picture or television productions. The Actor, by accepting the Terms and Conditions of Grant Wilfley Casting, Inc, hereby agrees to the following:
- The acceptance by the Actor of any theatrical engagement procured for the Actor by the Agency shall constitute an acceptance of and agreement to all of the terms hereof with respect to such engagement.
- Below is a link to Laws of New York General Business Article 11, including Sections 185 and 186 of the New York State Employment Agency Law, which governs the fee ceiling which may be charged by the Agency for any theatrical engagement procured for the Actor.
- THE AGENCY AGREES THAT IT WILL ARRANGE FOR ANY FEES IT EARNS WITH RESPECT TO THEATRICAL ENGAGEMENTS IT PROCURES FOR THE ACTOR TO BE PAID BY THE TELEVISION OR MOTION PICTURE PRODUCTION COMPANY WHICH HIRES THE ACTOR AND NOT BY THE ACTOR.
- The Actor acknowledges and agrees that the Agency shall be under no obligation whatsoever to procure theatrical engagements for the Actor and, if it does procure any such engagement for the Actor, it shall have no obligation to procure any other engagements for the Actor.
- The Actor acknowledges and agrees that all casting notices and information regarding availability of particular engagements will be made available solely through the Agency’s website, Agency’s casting hot line, Screen Actors Guild casting notice hot line, e-mail or via telephone contact, subject to the Agency’s telephone communication policies, as now or hereafter in effect, or other trade media.
NYC Dept of Consumer Affairs License # 1190498
Link to full text of Laws of New York General Business Article 11:
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIONAL STATEMENT IS GIVEN TO ACTORS SEEKING ENGAGEMENTS BY TELEVISION AND MOTION PICTURE PRODUCTION COMPANIES THROUGH THE SERVICES OF GRANT WILFLEY CASTING, INC.
All casting notices and information regarding availability of particular engagements will be made available solely through the Agency’s website, Agency’s casting hotline, Screen Actors Guild casting notice hot line, email or via telephone contact, subject to the Agency’s communication policies, as now or hereafter in effect, or other trade media. With respect to each engagement which may be made available through the Agency, this information will include the name and address of the television or motion picture production company, the time and date of the engagement and the production site to which the Actor should report. The production company and/or the Agency will provide the Actor with any applicable information, if any, concerning the duration of the engagement, the amount to be paid to the Actor, the character of the performance expected from the Actor, the number and frequency of the performances to be given, and any expenses which may be reimbursed to the Actor in connection with the engagement.