The Deuce Costume Notes
The series takes place in New York City in 1971.
- Women should wear or bring a soft bra (no padding) or be willing to go braless. Wear full brief underwear (no thongs). Please wear/bring nude pantyhose.
- Men wear white brief style, tight underwear.
If you have any of the following under the role for which you were cast, please wear/bring it…
MALE CONSTRUCTION WORKERS (see reference photos below):
- Tops: old, worn t-shirts (black, grey, blue, green, no bright colors), worn crew neck classic sweatshirts (grey, navy), old flannel shirts (muted colors), Dickie work shirts, carport jackets, waffle thermal tops.
- Pants: old, faded, straight leg jeans (Levis, Wrangler, Lee), Dickie or Redcap type work pant, carpenter jeans, overalls, worn or used coveralls (not new); NO SKINNY JEANS.
- Shoes: black or brown combat type boots (Red Wing, but No Timberlands)
- Work gloves